My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Tuesday 8 February 2011

W.I.P - Two stonehouses in Normandy...

Good day everyone!
Last weekend, while reading a book I bought from Heathrow airport (during my travelling to England) - Max Hastings' - ''OVERLORD'' / DDay and the battle for Normandy (great book by the way, I suggest it without any doubt) I came up with the idea, that I must start producing terrain pieces as fast as possible, because there were so many aspects involved (beaches, villages, towns, hedgerows etc.) in this campaign. It always occured to me that the campaing was a huge thing, but when I started reading more thoroghly about it, the impact of its vastness was very strong!!! :-)
Because of this book, I decided to try something different in my house-building methods (other terrain pieces will get their share of thought later). :-)
In this photo sequence, two small flats (in Normandy, just in case you forgot it) are shown.
I decided not to add floors in it, in order to create them faster than usual.
It is still W.I.P, which means that some goodies will be added (roofs, chimneys, drainpipes, weathering, etc.), but the basic look will not be altered drastically!







I hope you like them!

T.

13 comments:

  1. Of course I like them! Great work again! Thanks for sharing because it gives some ideas for my own efforts in house building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb looking double flats I like the paintwork on the walls! What windows and doors are you using here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking houses as usual. How many more will you do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They get better and better Thanos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must get off my arse and try to build a house,yours look too tempting not to try!
    Great stuff mate.

    Cheers Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look bloody excellent!!! I hope you are going to make them so that troops can be put inside.
    Greetings
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work, Thano! I am glad the Greek front is producing such quality! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice brick effect. Is it printed paper?

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all guys!
    @GReg: The windows are made from Peco Models (Peco LK 78). The windows and doors dimensions (to fit in)are: Windows: W:1.3cm/H:1.7cm - Doors: W:1.2cm/H:2.6cm. Hope this helps!
    @Maurice: I am planning to make as many as possible mate!The town's size may be rather big, but it's going to be as realistic as possible (scale reference).
    @Paul: That's my intention mate. They have to be functional also, besides their appearance.
    @Ubique: The stone effect is a printed plastic sheet from Slater's Plasticard (#0419). Great stuff, very easy to work with! :-)
    Cheers all!
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thano's, beautiful work. I am jealous of your skill with building mate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work, really good stuff and you're right a very good book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. super, great ! For my houses I will apply the Auhagen Windows, frames, doors (Decoration) - Article number 48648.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like it will be a great addition to the town, fantastic work as usual!

    ReplyDelete