My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Wednesday 10 December 2014

FIW British Infantry marching

Greetings everyone,

Apart from the terrain pieces I have been making during these past couple of weeks, I was also painting some figures for the projects I want to play.

French Indian War, is one of my favourite periods, mainly because it involved soldiers from Europe fighting over foreign soil, having the aid by the Natives that were thinking that the colonists were there to help them. Mad, in'nit? :-)

If you have seen Zvezda's excellent set of figures (7YW Prussian Grenadiers), you would understand that with a small conversion (replacing the grenadiers mitre with a tricorn hat), they could be painted as British infantrymen.

Below you will see the painted results of these conversions. Since many regiments have participated in this war, I decided to go generic, and paint them as 'plain' as possible. Red and yellow would be the recipe for success.

What inspired me to go into 18th century wars, was Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece, Barry Lyndon. The part (as you will see below) with the British Regiment marching on the plain field, was simply astonishing (pay attention to the camera's span).


Anyhoo, on with the photos.














And this my Fife and Drum version.



I hope you liked them.

Have a great Wednesday everyone! :-)

T.

6 comments:

  1. Great work Thanos, it is certainly a lovely looking period to game. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent painting Thanos, one of my favourite periods as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea to convert these figures into British infantry! And excellent painted!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete